The New Adventure

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Delayed Updates are Good for You!

Yeah, yeah...I know how long it has been since I updated the blog. I blame Comcast, but that's a big, long story that I really don't want to get into again tonight. Instead, let's tell you what all has been going on over the last few weeks with us and the girls.

The weekend after the last update, we travelled up to Maryville to visit with the grandparents and help them pack up the house so they could move at the end of the month. Here's a short video of the girls helping out as much as they could.

So, McKenzie had her follow-up appointment in Birmingham with Dr. Oakes on June 23. We just went down for the day. Long drive back and forth but we ended up getting good news. They did a CT scan which showed that the cyst is still there but it is much smaller and does not appear to be growing at all. So, we've been told that we don't have to come back until next year. Yay! Unfortunately, we were not able to get a copy of the CT scan this time around so we don't have any pictures to post. That reminds me that I called about this a few weeks ago but haven't heard back. Hmmm...

A few days after we got back from Birmingham, our friend Laura was in town from Albuquerque, NM for a week. She invited us to come over with the girls and go swimming. We had been waiting for a few weeks to go swimming at my parent's house but they kept having issues with their pool to where we couldn't ever go swimming. So, to Laura's we went.

The girls seemed to enjoy their time in the pool, for a while. Here's a quick video of Lindsey and Laura taking the girls around the pool. Ignore the goofy hats...

We also did some stuff that could potentially be considered child abuse. Somewhere we heard that you blow in a baby's face so that they hold their breath and then you could dunk them. So, we decided to try it out...our kids are going to hate us someday...

My family has a lot of birthdays in the month of June. A 10. It's nuts. Unfortunately, the calendar got a little bit more crowded towards the end of the month. My cousin Ryan and his wife Esther had a baby on June 30. His name is Thijs Austin Sharpe. I didn't misspell it or anything. It's Dutch! Thijs is pronounced like "Twice" without the "W"...Tice. With him being born on the 30th, he got his own day all to himself. We already had my brother Michael on the 29th, Lindsey on July 1, and Ryan on July 2. Yay for babies! He's 8 pounds 8 ounces and still looks tiny. I don't remember the girls being that small even though he's a good 3 pounds bigger than McKenzie was at birth.

Back to the doctors, the last check-up showed that both Molly and McKenzie were anemic. Molly was just barely but McKenzie was pretty low. So, we got to give them an iron supplement in their first bottle of the day to hopefully raise the levels. McKenzie had her re-test on July 2. The initial results in the doctor's office showed that her iron levels were actually worse now than they were before. Therefore, McKenzie got to go to the hospital for a more complete lab panel. After a few days, the doctor called us and let us know that their in-office testing is just simply horrible and McKenzie was actually just fine. Gotta love unnecessary testing and treatments...

Next was the 4th of July weekend. The pool at my parent's house was finally ready for swimming so we spent both Friday and Saturday up there swimming a bit. Molly and McKenzie seemed to be a bit more comfortable being in the water. Here's a video of McKenzie splashing and Molly chilling...

Michael and Liza took a bunch of good pictures that I'll post in a few days. I figured that the videos will hold you over for now.

Lindsey and I got to have a date night on Friday. The girls spent the night with the grandparents while we went out to dinner and then went to a 10pm movie. Lindsey just about slept through the previews but perked up for the movie. We saw My Sister's's sad. Lindsey was crying like 20 minutes into it. Yikes.

It was nice to sleep in the next morning but we eventually got up and went back to the grandparent's to see the girls. Another day in the pool, some dinner and finally some fireworks. The girls didn't make it to see the fireworks. Maybe next year. The problem was that they went to sleep for an hour or so, we put them in their car seats and drove home. By the time we got home, the girls decided that they'd had a nice little 2 hour nap and now it was time to get up! At midnight!

I don't think so ladies...

Molly went back down pretty easy but McKenzie kept crying and waking her up. McKenzie settled back down after a bit and I think we were all in bed by 1. Whew...

So, that's pretty much it for now. Next week we are all going to Boone, NC with Lindsey's parents for a much needed vacation. We've got a pretty sweet cabin where we're going to hang out for 4 days or so. We've been looking forward to this for a while. Maybe we'll get some good pictures to share in a few weeks. Til then!

Labels: , , , , ,


Blogger Mindy said...

You are going to Boone?!!? Are you driving right by my house and thinking of not stopping?!!? WHAT IN THE WORLD?
No seriously --- I think you are coming right by.....stop in. Would love to meet your girls and you can meet my crew! =)

July 9, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home